- 3 zucchinis or courgettes
- zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 hot pepper of your choice finely chopped
- a few cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 100gr good quality feta cheese
- lots of mint leaves, torn
- olive oil
Using a peeler, slice the zucchinis lengthwise to get nice long thin stripes, and put in a bowl (not the one you will serve in)- yes, the zucchinis stay raw, trust us, its good. Mix in the lemon zest, part of the pine nuts, chili, tomatoes and part of the mint. Mix in some S&P, olive oil and lemon juice.
Taste. adjust seasoning.
Place the salad in your serving plate and sprinkle the leftover mint, pine nuts and Feta. Serve.
No, this is not a salad to prepare in advance. But most ingredients can be prepared (excluding zucchini and tomatoes) and mixed at the last minute.
Tasty variations: walnuts, dried cranberries, Tulum cheese.